新视野大学英语_新视野大学英语读写教程2课后答案Unit 2 Learning the Olympic...-天娱英语
I. Comprehension of the Text
1. She felt that Nikolai was quite different from what she had expected; still, she was quite nervous.
2. No. Actually she was quite surprised when Nikolai suggested that.
3. They went through a lot of hard training sessions full of pain and tears. Yet the training was really productive.
4. Yes, he did. He was always practicing while others were relaxing themselves.
5. In training, they were strict coach and determined athlete; at other times, they were on good terms with each other, like friends.
6. Because Nikolai sang out instructions in a regular manner, similar to those of a dance instructor.
7. the writer achieved a fourth place in the nation, but they didn’t manage to participate in the Olympics.
Besides improving her skills under Nikolai’s instruction, she also learned the importance of determination with courage, heart, and discipline; most important of all, she learned to be thankful and loving while living in this world.
1. promising 2. amusing 3. lowered 4. persisted 5. rank
6. swear 7. unfair 8. presence 9. frowning 10. approximately
1. on 2. upon 3. on 4. in 5. by 6. to 7. in 8. of 9. on 10. out
V. 1.O 2.K 3.D 4.H 5.J 6.E 7.M 8.G 9.B 10.A
1. observe—observer: one who observes a person or an event
2. ski—skier: one who skis
3. visit—visitor: one who visits somebody or some place
4. learn—learner: one who learns something
5. report—reporter: one who reports on persons or events for a newspaper
6. drink—drinker: one who often drinks alcohol, esp, too much
Tropical global dangerous central environmental occasional musical natural
1. tropical 2. musical 3. occasional 4. environmental
5. global 6. dangerous 7. natural 8. central
1. they didn’t lose heart despite lots of frustration.
2. Despite the heavy rain, the boys played football in the yard all afternoon.
3. I will try my best despite the slim chances of success.
4. Despite a thorough search for the escaped prisoner in the mountain, no sign of him was found.
5. Despite their increased income, their life became poorer because of the rising prices.
1. nor do I think it necessary to do so
2. nor would they go to my sister’s
3. nor do we have her telephone number
4. Nor would I like to go to work immediately
5. now would I
1. Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents.